Sunday, December 20, 2009

Rockin' The New Blog


Welcome to WiscFit! Here, you can find my different thoughts, feelings, emotions, and general life musings on anything and everything related to fitness, nutrition, and exercise.

A little bit about myself: I am a college student at the University of Wisconsin - Madison, and am planning on graduating in almost exactly one year with a BA in Legal Studies. Yes, you read correctly. Legal Studies. Just what in the hell am I doing posting a blog about fitness and nutrition and exercise? To be honest, I usually don't have a good answer to that question...

I have always been interested by and and all things that require some sort of athletic proficiency. I have always been involved in athletics since I was a young kid. Youth soccer, roller/ice hockey, baseball, basketball, football, lacrosse, tennis... You name it, I've probably played it, coached it, refereed it, or done some strange combination of all three. I was a three-sport high school athlete, and continued on with tennis in college as a member of the men's varsity team at the University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh (DIII) for the first two years of my undergraduate experience.

Ever since my last year of high school, I've fallen in love with the fitness aspect of life and athletics. This infatuation has since led me on quite the quest for knowledge, sifting through the health and fitness industry to try to find the best way to stay in shape, avoid the "freshman 15", and improve my life.

In July of 2009, I traveled to Rogue Fitness in Gahanna, Ohio, where I earned my CrossFit Level 1 Trainer Certification. I plan on adding to that resume sometime in the near future, but for now, my tuition and rent payments take precedence over additional certifications in the world of fitness.

This brings me to the main reason this blog is in existence. I am an avid crossfitter (if you don't know what that means, check out www.crossfit.com), and I plan on using this blog to do two CrossFit-related things. 1) I'd like to try my hand at programming farther in the future than an hour prior to my workouts, and 2) I'm hoping that this blog helps keep me accountable to my workouts (a workout journal of sorts, if you will). Just as a disclaimer: I am not a CF affiliate;, and have no connection to the CrossFit brand other than simply liking the CF methodology. If people start following my workouts, in Madison or otherwise, so be it. The more, the merrier.

Also, as I have it figured out so far, I want to use this blog to highlight certain products or ideas that I come across in the fitness/nutrition world that want to make me climb to the top of a mountain and cry "BULL****!! BULL****!! THAT IS SOOOOOO BULL****!!!". We'll see where this one ends up as well, but for now, that's where this blog is heading. Where it actually goes... guess we'll find that out later, huh?

That's all I gots for now. Dry, yes, but it introduces this thing pretty nicely, and it gives me time to program some workouts to post in the coming days. Every boat needs a christening. Consider this my bottle of champagne...

No comments:

Post a Comment