Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Late Night Snackage, Paleo-Style

So I'm in my apartment in Madison, and its probably 11:30pm. I'm up, just killing some time before I call it a night around 1 or so, and I realized that I was starving. Unfortunately for me, tomorrow is grocery shopping day, meaning that the fridge and pantry are completely devoid of anything even remotely resembling a midnight snack.

Lucky for me, there's an Open Pantry a block down the road from my apartment, so my roommate and I wandered over there to see what goodies we could find. I decided on the way to challenge myself and see how just Paleo-friendly I could keep my purchases. Here is what I cam back with...
  • Craisins
  • pack of trail mix (assorted nuts, dried fruits, and a little bit of chocolate)
  • garden salad packed with jalapenos and pickles
I was very tempted to go after some of the beef jerky, but after realizing that I could barely afford their smallest package, I decided against it. Overall, if you ignore the sugar that's been packed into the craisins and the chocolate in the trail mix, I think I came out solidly semi-Paleo.



To be quite honest though, eating 100% Paleo off of what you can find in your standard gas station would be a bit of a challenge, whether you're jonesing for a late-night snack or road tripping across the country. The easiest way to go about sticking to your Paleo guns would be to invest in some good tupperware, plan ahead, and pack snacks you've either made yourself or have bought elsewhere and know are Paleo-friendly. More on how to put this into practice in a later post...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

WOD 100105 Tuesday

Warm-up
S/S: Overhead Squat 45#, 3x8
WOD: For time:
-75 Squats
-50 Sit-ups
-25 Push-ups
-800m Run
-25 Push-ups
-50 Sit-ups
-75 Squats
Finish: Spend a total of 6 minutes inverted in a handstand against a wall.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

^ ^ ^ BURPEE CHALLENGE ^ ^ ^
Day #5

66 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Impressive article dude! Thank you,
    However I am encountering problems with your RSS. I don't understand why I can't subscribe to it.
    Is there anybody else getting identical RSS issues?
    Anybody who knows the solution can you kindly respond? Thanks!
    !

    Feel free to visit my blog Air Max 87dunks sb shoes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, incredible weblog structure! How long have you ever been running a blog
    for? you made blogging glance easy. The total look of your web site is magnificent, let
    alone the content material!

    Here is my site Air Jordan Pas Cherhair accessories

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heya terrific website! Does running a blog like this take a
    large amount of work? I've virtually no expertise in computer programming however I was hoping to start my own blog soon. Anyhow, should you have any recommendations or tips for new blog owners please share. I understand this is off subject nevertheless I just needed to ask. Thanks!

    my web site ... Cheap NFL Jerseys authentic nfl jerseys

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply desire to say your article is as surprising.
    The clearness on your put up is simply nice and i could suppose you're a professional on this subject. Fine along with your permission allow me to clutch your RSS feed to keep updated with impending post. Thanks a million and please keep up the rewarding work.

    Feel free to surf to my web-site - air max 90Air Max

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greetings! Very useful advice within this article! It is the little changes
    that produce the greatest changes. Thanks a lot for
    sharing!

    Also visit my blog: Cheap NFL Jerseysnfl 2010

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very good blog! Do you have any tips for aspiring writers?
    I'm planning to start my own website soon but I'm
    a little lost on everything. Would you recommend
    starting with a free platform like Wordpress or go for a paid option?
    There are so many options out there that I'm completely confused .. Any ideas? Thank you!

    My web-site - Air Maxnike free run

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, its nice paragraph regarding media print, we all
    understand media is a great source of facts.

    my blog post - Air Jordannational hockey league

    ReplyDelete
  9. If some one wishes expert view about blogging and site-building afterward i recommend him/her to pay a quick visit this website, Keep up
    the good job.

    Also visit my page - Air Maxnike air max 90

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its not my first time to visit this site, i am browsing this web site dailly and obtain pleasant information from here all the
    time.

    My website: NFL Jerseys Wholesale

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for another informative web site. Where else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect
    way? I've a mission that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the glance out for such info.

    Visit my web-site Air Jordan Pas Cher Femme

    ReplyDelete
  12. Howdy, i read your blog from time to time and i own
    a similar one and i was just wondering if you get a lot of spam comments?
    If so how do you protect against it, any plugin or anything
    you can suggest? I get so much lately it's driving me crazy so any support is very much appreciated.

    my web-site ... http://www.wheelhousebikes.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great delivery. Solid arguments. Keep up the amazing effort.


    my weblog; Louis Vuitton Bags

    ReplyDelete
  14. magnificent submit, very informative. I wonder why the opposite specialists
    of this sector do not realize this. You should proceed
    your writing. I'm confident, you have a huge readers' base already!


    Here is my web-site :: Nike Air Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  15. hello!,I like your writing very much! percentage we keep in touch extra approximately your article on AOL?

    I need a specialist on this area to resolve my problem. May be that is you!
    Looking ahead to peer you.

    Feel free to visit my web blog - http://cheapnfljerseys.wsmisports.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Keep this going please, great job!

    Have a look at my web-site :: Michael Kors Canada

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello there, I found your web site by way of
    Google whilst searching for a comparable topic, your web
    site came up, it seems to be great. I've bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.
    Hello there, simply become alert to your weblog thru Google, and found that it's
    truly informative. I'm going to watch out for brussels. I'll be grateful if you continue
    this in future. Lots of other people shall be benefited from your writing.
    Cheers!

    Here is my web-site Abercrombie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello there, I found your web site by way of Google
    whilst searching for a comparable topic, your web site came up, it seems to be
    great. I've bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.
    Hello there, simply become alert to your weblog thru Google, and found that it's truly informative.
    I'm going to watch out for brussels. I'll be grateful if you continue this in future.

    Lots of other people shall be benefited from your writing.

    Cheers!

    My website Abercrombie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey there, You've done a fantastic job. I will definitely digg it and personally suggest to my friends. I am confident they'll be benefited from this site.


    Also visit my web-site Abercrombie & Fitch

    ReplyDelete
  20. Excellent article. Keep posting such kind of information on your page.

    Im really impressed by it.
    Hello there, You have done a great job. I'll definitely digg it and individually suggest to my friends. I'm confident they will be benefited from this site.


    Also visit my web-site; Air Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello, all is going perfectly here and ofcourse every one is sharing facts, that's truly excellent, keep up writing.

    Look at my web page; Air Max 90

    ReplyDelete
  22. I for all time emailed this web site post page to all
    my contacts, for the reason that if like to read it then my contacts will too.


    Look at my web site: Cheap Jerseys

    ReplyDelete
  23. What's up mates, how is everything, and what you want to say about this paragraph, in my view its truly awesome for me.

    Here is my blog post - Air Max 95

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have read so many articles or reviews regarding the blogger lovers however this piece of writing is in fact a pleasant piece of writing, keep it up.


    Feel free to visit my web-site Abercrombie Fitch Belgique

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is the perfect website for anybody who wants to understand this topic.

    You know so much its almost tough to argue with you (not that I actually would want to…HaHa).
    You definitely put a new spin on a subject that's been written about for many years. Wonderful stuff, just excellent!

    Also visit my blog Abercrombie & Fitch

    ReplyDelete
  26. wonderful publish, very informative. I wonder why the other specialists of this sector don't understand this. You must proceed your writing. I am sure, you've a
    huge readers' base already!

    Also visit my blog post Evgeni Malkin Black Jersey

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hey there! I simply wish to give you a big thumbs up for your great
    info you have right here on this post. I will be coming back to
    your website for more soon.

    Also visit my web-site: Wholesale NFL Jerseys

    ReplyDelete
  28. WOW just what I was looking for. Came here by searching for
    organdie

    Here is my web blog :: Air Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  29. You're so cool! I don't suppose I've truly read through a single thing like this before. So nice to find somebody with some unique thoughts on this topic. Really.. many thanks for starting this up. This website is something that's needed on the web, someone with some originality!


    My website - Gucci Borse

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi! I just would like to give you a big thumbs up for your excellent information you
    have here on this post. I will be returning to your web
    site for more soon.

    My page - Sidney Crosby Black Jersey

    ReplyDelete
  31. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have
    put in penning this site. I really hope to check out the same high-grade content from you in the future as well.
    In truth, your creative writing abilities has inspired me to get my
    own, personal blog now ;)

    Check out my page :: Converse All Star

    ReplyDelete
  32. There is certainly a lot to learn about this subject.
    I like all the points you've made.

    Feel free to surf to my webpage ... Converse Pas Cher

    ReplyDelete
  33. It's amazing to pay a quick visit this web site and reading the views of all mates about this post, while I am also zealous of getting know-how.

    Feel free to visit my web site ... Nike Air Max Pas Cher

    ReplyDelete
  34. Aw, this was an incredibly good post. Finding the time and actual
    effort to generate a good article… but what can
    I say… I put things off a lot and never seem to get anything done.


    my web site Authentic Kris Letang Jersey

    ReplyDelete
  35. I'm amazed, I must say. Rarely do I come across a blog that's both equally educative and amusing, and let me tell you,
    you have hit the nail on the head. The issue is something which too few people are speaking intelligently about.
    I am very happy that I came across this during
    my hunt for something regarding this.

    Feel free to visit my page Cheap Oakley Sunglasses

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hey! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any problems with hackers?

    My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing months of hard
    work due to no data backup. Do you have any methods to stop hackers?


    Here is my web site - Full Article

    ReplyDelete
  37. I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme.

    Did you design this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you?
    Plz respond as I'm looking to design my own blog and would like to find out where u got this from. thanks a lot

    Also visit my page; Michael Kors Handbags

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hey there, You have done an incredible job.
    I will certainly digg it and personally suggest to my friends.
    I am sure they will be benefited from this website.

    Visit my page ... Cheap Louis Vuitton Handbags

    ReplyDelete
  39. Stunning quest there. What occurred after? Thanks!

    Also visit my page - Mario Lemieux Black Jersey

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hello mates, fastidious paragraph and fastidious arguments commented here, I am genuinely enjoying by these.


    Look at my web-site: Louis Vuitton Handbags

    ReplyDelete
  41. Every weekend i used to pay a quick visit this website, because i wish for enjoyment, as this this
    website conations truly pleasant funny stuff too.


    Also visit my web blog Explorethecapabilities.Com

    ReplyDelete
  42. I must thank you for the efforts you have put in penning this blog.
    I am hoping to check out the same high-grade content by you in the future as well.
    In fact, your creative writing abilities has inspired me to get my own, personal website now ;)

    My homepage Louis Vuitton Outlet

    ReplyDelete
  43. Excellent article. Keep posting such kind of
    info on your page. Im really impressed by your site.
    Hey there, You've performed a great job. I'll definitely digg it and personally
    recommend to my friends. I'm sure they'll be benefited from this website.


    Also visit my homepage ... Michael Kors Outlet

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hi there just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let you know a few of the images aren't loading correctly. I'm not sure why but I think its a linking issue.
    I've tried it in two different web browsers and both show the same results.

    Review my website - Cheap Jerseys

    ReplyDelete
  45. I seriously love your blog.. Pleasant colors & theme.
    Did you develop this website yourself? Please reply back as I'm trying to create my own personal website and would like to find out where you got this from or exactly what the theme is named. Appreciate it!

    My web site: Abercrombie Paris

    ReplyDelete
  46. I've been exploring for a little for any high quality articles or weblog posts on this sort of area . Exploring in Yahoo I at last stumbled upon this site. Reading this info So i am glad to convey that I've an
    incredibly good uncanny feeling I found out just what I needed.

    I such a lot definitely will make certain to do not forget this website and
    give it a look regularly.

    My homepage :: Solde Air Max

    ReplyDelete
  47. whoah this weblog is magnificent i love studying your posts.
    Stay up the good work! You already know, many persons are hunting round for
    this information, you could aid them greatly.

    Also visit my web page: michael kors

    ReplyDelete
  48. Very quickly this web page will be famous amid all blogging and site-building people, due to it's nice articles or reviews

    my web page :: Sac a main Guess

    ReplyDelete
  49. These are actually fantastic ideas in about blogging.
    You have touched some pleasant things here. Any way keep up wrinting.


    my blog post; Air Max

    ReplyDelete
  50. I am extremely impressed along with your writing talents and also with the layout
    in your weblog. Is this a paid subject or did you customize it yourself?
    Anyway keep up the excellent high quality writing, it is uncommon to
    see a great blog like this one these days..

    Look into my blog post :: Sidney Crosby Authentic Jersey

    ReplyDelete
  51. Usually I don't learn article on blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up very compelled me to check out and do so! Your writing taste has been surprised me. Thanks, quite nice post.

    my homepage Sac Louis Vuitton Pas Cher

    ReplyDelete
  52. Hello! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would be ok. I'm absolutely enjoying your blog and look forward to
    new posts.

    My page :: Chaussures De Football Pas Cher

    ReplyDelete
  53. Have you ever thought about including a little bit more than just your articles?

    I mean, what you say is important and all. However think about if
    you added some great photos or videos to give your posts more,
    "pop"! Your content is excellent but with images and video clips, this site could certainly
    be one of the greatest in its niche. Excellent blog!

    Also visit my website; Louis Vuitton Bags

    ReplyDelete
  54. Hello there! This is kind of off topic but I need
    some guidance from an established blog. Is it very hard to
    set up your own blog? I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick. I'm thinking about setting up my own but I'm not sure where to begin. Do you have any ideas or suggestions? Many thanks

    my weblog More Info

    ReplyDelete
  55. I'm not sure where you're getting your info, but great topic.
    I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more.
    Thanks for excellent information I was looking for this information for my mission.


    Here is my web-site - Mulberry Outlet UK

    ReplyDelete
  56. Thanks for your personal marvelous posting! I seriously enjoyed reading it, you will be a great author.
    I will remember to bookmark your blog and will eventually come back in the future.

    I want to encourage you to continue your great writing, have a nice weekend!


    Look at my web site Bonuses

    ReplyDelete
  57. Saved as a favorite, I love your site!

    Feel free to surf to my web site; Home Page

    ReplyDelete
  58. If you are going for best contents like I do, simply pay a quick visit this web site daily for the reason that it gives
    quality contents, thanks

    Take a look at my site ... Gafas聽Oakley Baratas

    ReplyDelete
  59. Your style is really unique compared to other people I've read stuff from. I appreciate you for posting when you've got the opportunity,
    Guess I'll just book mark this blog.

    my homepage - Tory Burch Flats

    ReplyDelete
  60. My spouse and I stumbled over here different web address and thought I may as well check things out.
    I like what I see so now i'm following you. Look forward to exploring your web page yet again.

    Feel free to surf to my homepage - Christian Louboutin Heels - -

    ReplyDelete
  61. First off I want to say excellent blog! I had a quick question which I'd like to ask if you don't mind.
    I was curious to find out how you center yourself and clear your thoughts prior to
    writing. I have had a tough time clearing my thoughts in
    getting my ideas out there. I truly do enjoy writing but it just
    seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are generally
    wasted just trying to figure out how to begin. Any ideas or hints?
    Thank you!

    Here is my blog: Air Max

    ReplyDelete
  62. Hello, i read your blog from time to time and i own a similar one and i
    was just curious if you get a lot of spam remarks?
    If so how do you reduce it, any plugin or anything
    you can recommend? I get so much lately it's driving me mad so any assistance is very much appreciated.

    Feel free to surf to my web site Chaussure De Foot

    ReplyDelete
  63. I'm not positive the place you're getting your info, but good topic.

    I needs to spend some time studying more or understanding more.
    Thanks for excellent info I used to be on the lookout for this information for my mission.



    Also visit my site ... Nike Free Run

    ReplyDelete
  64. Saved as a favorite, I love your web site!

    My homepage ... Cheap Jerseys

    ReplyDelete
  65. Hey there, You've done a fantastic job. I will certainly digg it and personally suggest to my friends. I'm sure they will be benefited from this web site.



    my website Nike Pas Cher

    ReplyDelete
  66. Very rapidly this web page will be famous among all blog viewers, due to it's nice content

    My site - Air Jordan Pas Cher - http://overuc.com/airjordan.html -

    ReplyDelete