
In going along with my New Years Resolutions post two days back, I got to thinking about how I'd actually accomplish most of my resolutions. For 95% of them, the answer, for me at least, is to find a routine.
Any real success I've had in any area of my life (academic, athletic, fitness, health, personal, or otherwise) has come about largely through finding a routine that works, and then sticking with that routine. The ironic thing is that a lot of the times I've messed up in life have been caused by getting into a routine (either intentionally or unintentionally) that doesn't work for me.
I know I'm not the only one who this is true for either. Ask any successful professional athlete in any sport. Sure, they may have some sort of freaky genetic code that gives them the capacity to excel at their sport of choice. But I'd bet good money that all of them would say that they had to work hard and sacrifice a hell of a lot to get where they are today. And in order to give that sacrifice and hard work some sort of structure, I'd bet a lot of them, whether they meant to or not, got into some sort of routine to help them get there.
So for myself, I'm striving to find that groove every day. This is a huge reason why I love the Burpee Challenge: it forces you to turn doing burpees into a routine.Whether it means not eating dairy products, or getting in a workout 4-5 times per week, or even just making sure that I brush AND floss my teeth twice a day (just went to the dentist yesterday), for me, getting there is all about the routine.
Any real success I've had in any area of my life (academic, athletic, fitness, health, personal, or otherwise) has come about largely through finding a routine that works, and then sticking with that routine. The ironic thing is that a lot of the times I've messed up in life have been caused by getting into a routine (either intentionally or unintentionally) that doesn't work for me.
I know I'm not the only one who this is true for either. Ask any successful professional athlete in any sport. Sure, they may have some sort of freaky genetic code that gives them the capacity to excel at their sport of choice. But I'd bet good money that all of them would say that they had to work hard and sacrifice a hell of a lot to get where they are today. And in order to give that sacrifice and hard work some sort of structure, I'd bet a lot of them, whether they meant to or not, got into some sort of routine to help them get there.
So for myself, I'm striving to find that groove every day. This is a huge reason why I love the Burpee Challenge: it forces you to turn doing burpees into a routine.Whether it means not eating dairy products, or getting in a workout 4-5 times per week, or even just making sure that I brush AND floss my teeth twice a day (just went to the dentist yesterday), for me, getting there is all about the routine.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
WOD 100102 Saturday
WOD 100102 Saturday
Rest Day
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
^ ^ ^ BURPEE CHALLENGE ^ ^ ^
Day #2
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
^ ^ ^ BURPEE CHALLENGE ^ ^ ^
Day #2
No comments:
Post a Comment