I'll be the first to admit that for how much I love different sports and athletic endeavors, I know very little about rugby. Here's the short list of what I do know about it:
- Rugby is played with a football-shaped ball.
- Rugby is played without pads on, thus making it one of the only full contact sports to forego protective equipment.
- Rugby is also called "footy" in many places.
- In the world of rugby, the New Zealand All Blacks reign supreme.
Don't take my word for that last one though. Check out the video below proving exactly why they're the best of the best at what they do.
I would love to see a quarterback, or a kicker/punter, or a wide receiver perform any of the skills you've just seen on here. In the interest of full disclosure, there's a rumor floating around out there that this is nothing more than a fancy video edit, and nothing more than the work of a photoshop wizard. I'd like very much to believe that that just isn't true, and that these guys are really as advertised.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
WOD 101219 Sunday
Warm-up
S/S: Deadlift, 5-5-5-5-5
WOD: Complete 5 rounds for time of:
-10 Pull-ups
-10 Overhead Squats, 95/65#
-10 Hang Power Cleans, 95/65#
Finish: MobilityWod of your choice.
No comments:
Post a Comment