Monday, July 5, 2010

Shout Outs

I figured today would be as good a day as any to give a shout out to my regular CF workout crew, Eric and Tori. The two of them have been crushing WOD's left and right like its nobody's business. In fact, the workout posted below (which we ran through this evening) is the first one where I've come out on top in the last three weeks.

What makes these two so impressive is that, aside from a workout or two that I put Eric through sometime during the cold winter months, neither of them have had any exposure to any form of high intensity exercise before, let alone CF training. I literally have yet to find an exercise or movement that they can't do yet (muscle-ups excluded). Ring dips, L-sits, deadlifts, burpee pull-ups, sumo deadlift high pulls, wall balls, cleans, presses, push presses, push jerks... You name it, they've basically got a good handle on the movement (even if Tori might believe otherwise).

Just one example of their awesomeness... There was a tire-flip, wall ball, deadlift, and tire jump partner workout that I ran them through a few days back. Neither of them had ever deadlifted before. The WOD had 275# buddy deadlifts (two people lifting the bar at the same time). After showing them the correct form, and making sure that their own techniques were technically sound, they went to town on the WOD. Tori and I were partners, and I cannot tell you how impressed I was with her deadlifting! I was the one who kept wanting to set the bar down and take a break, but Tori just wouldn't let me.

Like I said before, if they keep up like this, I'm gonna have a couple firebreathers on my hands. I'm currently having some technical difficulties getting pictures from my camera to my computer, so when I sort all that out, I'll throw them up here. (Sorry guys! You'll be internet stars in no time, I promise!)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Today's music library addition was introduced to me by my little brother. He has a very eclectic music taste, but he tends to lean a bit towards anything with a heavy drum or bass line (rock or a little more techno-y). When he played this song for me today, I knew I had to add it on here to the library. Weird music video aside, I'm hoping its as motivating to everybody else as it is to me.

The Prodigy - Spitfire

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

WOD 100705 Monday

Warm-up
S/S: Work on technique for each of the following lifts, light loads only: Sumo Deadlift High Pull, Front Squat, Overhead Squat.
WOD: Spending one minute at each station, complete five rounds for total reps of:
-Front Squat, 135/65#
-Sumo Deadlift High Pull, 1.5/1pd KB
-Box Jumps, 24" box
-Rest 1 minute
Finish: Tabata Mash-up: Sit-ups and Plank Holds (courtesy of CF Milwaukee)

No comments:

Post a Comment