Check out this video of Mark Sisson (of Mark's Daily Apple fame) going through his sprint workout. After I saw this a week or so ago, I decided to incorporate the Grok Squat (also known as the "indigenous people's stretch", or by some people as the "asian squat") into my morning wake-up routine. Every morning for the past week, I have gotten up and popped straight into a grok squat for about 3 minutes. It's amazing how much more flexible I've been feeling lately, and I'm going to go ahead and credit a large part of that to my morning grok squats. Try it out for yourself and see what happens...
Just a few disclaimers though... If you have poor hamstring flexibility in your normal air squats (i.e. you tend to roll off of your heels onto your toes when you go below parallel), you may want to hang on to the side of a couch or chair or something to help balance yourself. And second, this is a very passive stretch. Just drop down and hang out there for a few minutes. Don't start tightening muscles and such... Just be cool and relax.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
WOD 100912 Sunday
Warm-up
S/S: Overhead Squat, 5-5-5-5-5
WOD: Complete four rounds for time of:
-20 DB Swings (35/25#)
-15 Overhead Squats (65/45#)
-10 Parallette Push-ups
-4 Turkish Get-ups, 2 each side (53/35# KB)
Finish: Grok Squat, 4 minutes.
Time to beat: 20:05 as rx'd.
ReplyDeleteOutstanding post however I was wondering if you could write a litte more on this topic?
ReplyDeleteI'd be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Thank you!
Also visit my homepage ... Ranger Forum
If you wish for to get a good deal from this piece of writing then
ReplyDeleteyou have to apply such techniques to your won blog.
My blog :: Where to buy lean muscle formula
I am truly pleased to read this weblog posts which consists of lots of useful data, thanks for providing these data.
ReplyDeleteMy webpage ... Natural Cleanse Diets
Magnificent beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend your website, how can i subscribe for
ReplyDeletea blog site? The account aided me a acceptable deal.
I had been a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered bright clear idea
My blog post - Natural Cleanse Reviews