I just came across this awesome site today (Barefoot NYC). They're all about barefoot/minimalist running in (you guessed it) New York City. Now, I've been to NYC many times. I plan to move there one day in the near future. I think it's fair to say that I love that city almost as much as I love CrossFit. But even I'm a bit wary of even wearing sandals for more than a few hours in the city. After 2 hours of trekking around Brooklyn/Manhattan/the subway in sandals, the soles of my feet are virtually black with soot and dirtiness. So yes, the idea of running barefoot through central park freaks me out a little bit. But kudos to Barefoot NYC for spreading the word on how awful these new "toner" shoes are for people.
Apparently, that little shoe article I put on here a little while back, along with Barefoot NYC, has garnered some national attention in the form of a Today Show spot (even though I was not cited directly as a source, and will promptly be suing Matt Lauer et al because of said slight). Check it out...
Apparently, that little shoe article I put on here a little while back, along with Barefoot NYC, has garnered some national attention in the form of a Today Show spot (even though I was not cited directly as a source, and will promptly be suing Matt Lauer et al because of said slight). Check it out...
Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy
Al "I make awful life choices" Roker can keep his ridiculous Sketcher toners . The rest of us crazies will be running circles around him in our vibrams...
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Fall Out Boy - Beat It
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
WOD 100810 Tuesday
Warm-up
S/S: H2H Kettlebell work for 15 minutes: work on flips, figure-8 upper cuts, hand switches, and swings w/ release
WOD: Complete five rounds for time of:
-25/20/15/10/5 KB Swings (53/35#)
-5/10/15/20/25 Wall Ball Shots (20/14#)
Finish: Plank progressions.
No comments:
Post a Comment