Today, I spent a majority of the day navigating the sea of paperwork associated with creating a legitimate student organization. How did that go, you ask? Poorly, to say the least. The problem is that WiscFit needs to first be recognized as a CF affiliate, which means (you guessed it) more paperwork to fill out, more questions that need to be answered, and more steps getting added to the process. So, the student org aspect is being put on the backburner for the time being while I work on filling out all the proper forms for CFHQ.
While that's all going on, however, I'm trying to set up meetings with Lori Devine (UW Rec Sports fitness director), Jeff Dvorak (director of the Camp Randall Sports Complex), and John Horn (director of rec programs and facilities). The goal of meeting with these people (respectively) is: to find out what equipment, facilities, and specific lifts/exercises can be utilized and where; to discuss how WiscFit could utilize the Shell and its resources; and to begin discussing options for finding a permanent home for WiscFit elsewhere on campus that would be better suited to the needs of our program.All of this should be quite interesting. As it stands right now, I would love it if we could get a storage locker put in the Shell for us to store our equipment. That would be a victory that could easily hold us over for the coming year. Maybe throw in a little bit of cash to purchase some kettlebells, rings, maybe a GHD or two... That'd just be icing on the paleo-friendly cake.
I'll keep this thing updated with how my multi-tasking progresses over the coming days. For now, check out this article from the NY Times: "Obesity Rates Keep Rising".
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
David Guetta - I Wanna Go Crazy
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
WOD 100803 Tuesday
Warm-up
S/S: Deadlift, 3-3-3-3-3
WOD: Complete ten rounds for time of:
-10 Sumo Deadlift High-pulls, 95#
-10 Ring Dips
Finish: Handstand hold against a wall, 3 minutes OR 50 handstand walk steps.
No comments:
Post a Comment