Tuesday, August 31, 2010

WOD Rotation Change

Before I get into the new schedule and WOD rotation changes, I wanted to give ya'll a heads up on the new section on the right side of the page. Starting with tomorrow's post, I'm going to outline a member of the WiscFit entourage each day until I run out of people to profile. If you're part of the entourage and get your name posted up there, you'll need to come up with a few things...
  • Name, hometown, major, etc. etc.
  • Favorite place in Madison to hang out or grab a bite to eat at
  • Favorite and least favorite workouts and lifts/exercises
  • Most memorable athletic/CrossFit accomplishment and/or moment
  • Short-term fitness goal that you want to reach
  • One song of your choosing to add to the WiscFit Music Library
At the risk of coming off as insanely pretentious and ridiculously self-absorbed, I'm going to kick this brand new section off with my own bio and picture. So, for one day, it's going to seem like a narcissistic play for attention. Rest assured, it is not.

Okay, maybe it is just a lil bit...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Yet another quick post today. Since the new semester is a mere two days away, I feel now is an appropriate time to let you all know about the change in our workout rotation. For the past few months, we've been following a 2-1-3-1 schedule (Monday/Tuesday on, Wednesday off, Thursday/Friday/Saturday on, Sunday off). In order to accompany the new semester schedule, and hopefully to make everything as logistically sound as possible, we're going to play around with the WOD rotation.

The new rotation will be a 5-2 schedule (Saturday through Wednesday on, Thursday and Friday off), and will start tomorrow. Hopefully this idea will work decently well.

Just to go over the workout schedule a bit as well... The main workouts will be held Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday evenings at various places around campus, along with a Sunday afternoon WOD. I will also be running a predominantly-but-not-completely secret workout on Saturdays, most likely around midday. This is just a personal workout I'm going to be doing by myself, but anyone who would like to is more than welcome to join in on the fun.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The Almost - Say This Sooner

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

WOD 100831 Tuesday

Warm-up
S/S: Handstand practice, 10 minutes.
WOD: Complete five rounds for time of:
-1/4 Bascom Hill Sprint (bottom of hill to first path)
-10 Burpees (at the path)
-25 Squats (at the bottom of the hill)
*This WOD was performed on Bascom Hill today in the middle of one of the severest downpours I've seen in a long time. Though there are no pictures to document this epic workout, props go out to Tall E and Matthias for rockin' the rain WOD.
Finish: Plank Progressions.

No comments:

Post a Comment