Monday, August 9, 2010

WiscFit OG

It is a sad day for WiscFit. Lauren, the original WiscFit gangsta, will be leaving Madison for her new PA school in Miami (Florida, not Ohio). To send her off right, the last workout she got put through was also her favorite: The Filthy Fifty. It was the first time she did every movement as Rx'd, which was huge considering that she's never strung more than 5 double-unders together before this past week. To pay tribute to one of the originals, here's a few pictures of her rocking the Filthy 50...
Check out that hip extension on the DB swing. Quality stuff right there, folks...

When myself and a few friends make it down to Miami this coming winter to visit, we'll be sure to catch a workout or two on the beach, just to make sure she's still following the blog. Lauren, we wish you nothing but the best in Miami with PA school!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Rage Against The Machine - Bulls On Parade

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

WOD 100809 Monday

Warm-up
S/S: Turkish Get-up technique practice, 10 minutes.
WOD: Complete five rounds for time of:
-15 KB/DB Swings (Heavy!)
-200m Run
Finish: Milwaukee Core Killer

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Matt! I still haven't done any crossfit since I've been here, and dare I say that I'm missing it! I checked out the "fitness center" at my apartment today...got any ideas about what I can do with a treadmill, elliptical, fly machine, lat pull-down machine, leg extension machine, and some weird one I can't figure out how to work?

    P.S. You'll be proud to know that I did sit ups with a towel under my back today

    ReplyDelete