I've been reading entirely too many articles on Mark's Daily Apple lately (seriously, I think I'm in love). I came across this one on coconut products, and now I feel strangely compelled to purchase some coconut butter and coconut oil (and a mounds bar... go figure).
Anyway, the more I read up on the facts of coconut, the more I feel like I've been missing out all these years. Coconuts are high in healthy saturated fats, while also containing a decent amount of both carbohydrates and protein. This makes it one of nature's only self-contained complete meals. The juice inside of the coconut is extremely rich in electrolytes (more than Gatorade), making it a perfect (albeit muy expensivo) sports drink.
There are also several different coconut products out there worth mentioning (Mark's Daily Apple lists them all in excellent detail right here). There's raw coconut, coconut oil, coconut cream, coconut milk, coconut butter, coconut flour, shredded coconut, creamed coconut... I'd bet there's more, but that should suffice for now.

Here's the upshot: coconuts rock, and you all should go out and buy some right now. I know I am!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Just a reminder that the first official workout of the semester is fast approaching (Tuesday at 9pm). Flyers are getting printed off and put up in the next 36 hours all over campus. I'll have a short little post at the top of the page reminding people about this coming Tuesday, but new posts will still be getting put up in between now and then.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
The WiscFit Grooveshark Music Library has been started. It isn't completely up to date yet, but it's got a good start. For those of you who aren't familiar with Grooveshark, it's basically the same as putting together a youtube playlist, but it's able to load faster because it doesn't have to deal with loading a video. It's also extremely easy to search for and find whatever music your heart desires. So check it out, use it, abuse it, and enjoy it.
Ludacris - Money Maker
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
WOD 100827 Friday
Warm-up
S/S: 50 Squats for time.
WOD: Complete five rounds for time of:
-10 DB Hang Squat Cleans (35/20)
-10 Weighted Step-ups, 24" box (35/20)
-20 Anchored Sit-ups
Finish: 8 minutes of posterior, distal lower extension mechanism stretching (just watch the video)

No comments:
Post a Comment