Hey you!

Yes, you!!!

I love hearing excuses for why people can't or won't do workouts. Here's a short list that I've heard in the recent past:
- It's too early in the morning.
- It's too late at night.
- I haven't had my coffee.
- I didn't sleep well last night.
- My back hurts.
- My legs hurt.
- My arms hurt.
- I'm just not feeling a high intensity CrossFit workout right now.
- The workout frightens me.
- My doctor told me "no strenuous activity".
- I don't have my lucky jump rope.
- I have church in the morning.
- I just ate a 14-egg omlette and I might die if I don't lie down.
- When I do CrossFit with other people I'm fine, but somebody might see me doing this on my own and think I'm a crazy person.
- If my family sees me doing burpees, they'll secretly judge me.
- If my friends see me doing burpees, they'll publicly ridicule me.
- Burpees/squats/double-unders/pull-ups/push-ups kinda suck.
- I didn't have an adequate amount of time to mentally prepare for the workout.
- It looks hard.
- My shoes totally clash with the rest of my workout attire.
These excuses are no good, especially for a workout like this one. Workouts should always be a struggle. The great thing about this little fact is that when you come out the other side, you'll feel like a million bucks. Granted, you'll also feel like you've been hit by a train. But that million bucks feeling will stick with you for a while.
So what's you're excuse today? Exactly. Get some!!!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Sean Kingston - Face Drop
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
WOD 100826 Thursday
Warm-up (Stretching like usual)
S/S: Do three attempts at a handstand hold against a wall.
WOD: "Murph Lite". For time:
-Run 800m (1/2 mile)
THEN...
*Complete 10 rounds of:
-5 Jumping Pull-ups
-10 Push-ups
-15 Squats
THEN...
-Run 800m
*This workout is basically 10 rounds for time of the 5-10-15 Pull-ups/Push-ups/Squats with a 1/2 mile run at the beginning and the end. Easy stuff, right?
Finish: Reminisce about the workout you just did. Try not to walk too awkwardly tomorrow =).
No comments:
Post a Comment