Saturday, August 14, 2010

Fitness Fear #2

Fitness Fear #2: Fear of looking stupid while working out

One of the most common fears (or complaints) I've heard about CrossFit goes something like "Do we really have to do burpees? Everybody is giving us weird looks...". Honestly, I think that this is one of my favorite aspects of CrossFitting. I love getting the awkward glances from other gymgoers. That's half the reason I even work out in the first place!

It's about time that we face the cold, hard truth: you aren't supposed to look cool while you're working out. Fitness is a hot, sweaty, down 'n dirty, loud, painful, messy pursuit. If you want to watch yourself look cool in the mirror while doing 4 sets of 10 bicep curls, you're kind of missing the point. Getting fit sucks. You're gonna look stupid from time to time. Make peace with those ideas, find a workout buddy who doesn't mind looking foolish with you, and go do 100 burpees for time.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Jay-Z - 99 Problems

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

WOD 100814 Saturday

Warm-up
S/S: Handstand skill work, 20 minutes: do handstands against a wall, kicking feet away from the wall, walking along a wall, chest touches, handstand walks, etc.
WOD: 100 Burpees for time. I warned you...
Finish: Plank progressions.

No comments:

Post a Comment